Fluorescent Activated Cell Sorting
- Immunophenotyping -4 color capability
- Biomarker analysis
- Cell viability (Annexin-PI)
- Intracellular staining
- Cell differentiation
- Absolute cell counts
- Calcium Flux
- Cell cycle and ploidy
FACS is an essential tool for in-depth cell analysis. With the capacity to simultaneously measure multiple parameters on hundreds of individual cells per second, FACS is a powerful technology with a wide variety of applications in pharmaceutical development.
The Confluence Discovery Technologies team has a wide range of experience in developing and validating FACS assays to suit many different requirements. Our highly trained and knowledgeable scientists will assist with experimental design to develop and validate assays to meet client-specified criteria. We also perform data analysis and interpretation of FACS data to enable our clients to obtain the best insights from large, complex data outputs.
For assay design, development, validation, sample and data analysis, our experience in research and clinical development projects enables us to be an ideal FACS service partner.
The Confluence team can advise on the most suitable assay procedure depending on the requirements of the client. Including:
- Sample type (e.g., whole blood, separated PBMC, serum, cultured cells)
- Stability of marker(s)/analyte(s) being measured
- Appropriate fluorochromes, dyes and conjugates to get the clearest data from your samples
- Incubation temperatures and periods most suited to the matrix and/or analytes
- Most suitable controls to monitor assay performance
- Appropriate QC checks on instrumentation to ensure cytometers are performing reproducibly